[Ch3-102]What Is the Power of "Design" That Realizes Corporate Innovation? -The Tips for Practicing “Design-Driven Management”-
In recent years, "design" has been attracting attention as an important management resource that promotes branding and innovation and enhances corporate value. Furthermore, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the Japan Patent Office have published the "Design-Driven Management Declaration" (2018), and the country is also looking forward to the power of design. Under these circumstances, the number of companies which are starting to take on challenges in order to incorporate design into management to solve business problems and create innovation is increasing.
This session will provide an opportunity to think about a new business mindset by unraveling what "Design-Driven Management" is and explaining the role and importance of design in management with examples of corporate efforts.
- NIKKEI BP INTELLIGENCE GROUP, Senior Research Fellow Mr. Hiroshi Maruo
- Dupty Director Design Policy Office, METI Mr. Takuya Kikuchi
- Professor School of Business Administration, Hitotsubashi University Mr. Yuichi Washida
- Sony Corporation VP, Head of Creative CenterSony Design Consulting Inc., Representative Director and President Mr. Yutaka Hasegawa
- DONGURI inc., CEO Mr. TOMOMI MINABE